Thursday 31 October 2013

Pumpkin Carvings and Birthday Wishes

While Halloween isn't my most favourite holiday of the year (it was more fun as a kid!), I still love getting in the spirit by carving pumpkins! Each year I try to do something different and unique. Here is a series of pumpkin carving pictures from the past couple years:

My hubby's masterpiece, Halloween 2011
 
My pumpkin carving, Halloween 2011
 
Halloween 2012 (mine is the maple leaf)
 
And finally, my latest carving:
 

 
Hope you all have a safe and Happy Halloween! I look forward to seeing all the kids in their costumes tonight!
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
On another note, it is my niece's 3rd birthday today!
 
I pulled out one of my older designs (and one of my favourites!) and thought it would be perfect for sweet Janna:
 
 
This cute little deer comes from a retired Stampin Up set called Forest Friends (one of my favourites). I paired it with wildflower designer paper and added a paper flower with a brad in the center, sponging the edges with Rose Red ink. I thought the sentiment was a perfect choice to go along with the deer. Did you notice the play on words? :)
 




Here's wishing Janna a fun day filled with sunshine, laughter, hugs and kisses! 

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Forest Friends (ret.), Happiest Birthday Wishes
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Always Artichoke, flower DSP (Michael's)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Rose Red
Tools: Circles Nestabilities, Scallop Trim Border Punch
Accessories: Paper flower, brad, rhinestones

No comments:

Post a Comment