Saturday 21 December 2013

Very Merry

It's been quite some time since I've posted about my latest papercrafts (sorry about that!). After craft fair season, I start preparing for the upcoming Christmas season. And like every year, Christmas seems to sneak up on me!
But, I always love this time of year - the lights and decorations everywhere, cheery Christmas music, the smell of evergreen Christmas trees, delicious turkey dinners, gift exchanges, time spent with family, and most importantly, celebrating the birth of Jesus. It really is a wonderful time of year!

Today, I want to share with you a Christmas card I made just this past week for a friend of mine:

 
I love how this card came together! I've been wanting to use the Pennant Parade stamp set on a Christmas card, and finally got to making one! The pennants in the stamp set are so versatile! I love that you can use them for either a banner or little trees!
 
After stamping the lined pattern from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set and placing the trees on the embossed cut-out circle, there was just too much white space (clean and simple just isn't my style!). I created a banner from striped designer paper and placed it in one corner. I then added some linen thread to fill the white space on the bottom half of the card. And finally, I completed it with rhinestones.
 
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Pennant Parade, Gorgeous Grunge
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Whisper White, Soft Suede, Season of Style DSP
Ink: Old Olive, Soft Suede, Cherry Cobbler
Tools: Circles nestabilities, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder
Accessories: Linen thread, rhinestones (Michael's)

No comments:

Post a Comment