Monday 23 December 2013

Winter Frost Double Pocket Card

I've been making Christmas papercrafts to the very last minute before we head home to see family tomorrow! I plan on sharing each and every one of them when we return!

Amongst all the Christmas cards, I made a special one for my coworker. We are a great team at work and she has become a good friend of mine, so I thought something unique would be most appropriate :)

I chose the double pocket fold for this card. It's quite simple really. I followed this tutorial on youtube and added my own creative touch. I chose the Winter Frost designer paper from Stampin up - this paper is gorgeous! (I've pretty much used all of it up this year!) Bermuday Bay, Coastal Cabana and Smokey Slate have become one of my favourite colour combos! Here's how it turned out:

 
 I finally made use of the chevron punch! I bought it quite some time ago with good intentions to use it... Months later, I pulled it out and have now used it on multiple projects. I love it! I think the rhinestones and the eyelet border really add some detail to this card front. Pull the tag out of the front pocket....
 
 
A simple tag with a little designer paper and adorable sentiment, and of course... rhinestones!
 
Let's take a look inside:
 
 
I simply added little ornaments hanging over the edge of the 2nd pocket. I filled this pocket with a tag from David's Tea filled with White Chocolate Frost tea (sounds delicious!) I pasted a small labels framelit to the space below the pocket so I had a spot to write my message.
 
I love how it turned out! And like I said earlier, this colour combo is fabulous!
 
This will be my last post until 2014! (I hope to be a bit more dedicated to my blog in the new year) :)
 
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Tree Trimmings, Four Holidays, Word Play
Paper: Winter Frost DSP, Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Smokey Slate, Whisper White
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana
Tools: 1-3/4" Circle Punch, Large Scallop Circle punch, Eyelet Border punch (ret.), Snowflake Punch (ret.), Chevron Border Punch
Accessories: Rhinestones (Michael's), Pool Party Bakers Twine, Silver ribbon


No comments:

Post a Comment