Saturday 25 January 2014

A Harry Potter Punch Art Card

A couple days ago, our nephew Ryan, celebrated his 9th birthday! Ryan is an awesome kid and I wish I lived closer to get to know him better!

 
Can't believe how grown-up he looks in this picture!

To show him that we are thinking of him, I sent a card that I'm sure he will love!

From what I know, Ryan likes Harry Potter, so I thought I'd create the character out of punch art. It was actually a lot simpler than I thought it would be! Here's how it turned out:

 
The card front is layered with embossed cardstock and striped designer paper. Most of the Harry Potter character was cut free-hand from pieces of cardstock, but I used punches for the head, hair, glasses, eyes, and hands. After putting it all together, I popped up the Harry Potter character to give the card some dimension. I love how it turned out!
 
 
 

Here's wishing Ryan a great year ahead!

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Pennant Parade
Paper: Night of Navy, Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, Blush Blossom (ret.), So Saffron, Whisper White, Regals DSP Stack (ret.)
Ink: Night of Navy
Tools: 1-3/4" Circle punch, Owl Builder punch, Word Window punch, Square Lattice embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment