Monday 20 January 2014

An Apron Greeting Card

Over the Christmas holidays, we celebrated my niece's 14th birthday. Miriam is such a beautiful, fun, unique girl. She has been such a blessing to our family.

 
Here is a most recent photo of Miriam - such a gorgeous girl!
 

One thing Miriam loves to do is cook and bake. So I thought it would be fitting to make an apron card for her! I found a simple tutorial on Paper Crafter's Library and made my own version using Calypso Coral and So Saffron as the main colours. Here's how it turned out:

 
The new ruffle stretch trim from Stampin Up added the perfect touch to the edges of the pockets.
 
 
I stuck a tag in the front pocket with a cupcake and a birthday sentiment on it. For the inside pocket, I created a recipe card using my "From the Kitchen Of" stamp set and wrote a cookie recipe on it for Miriam to try.
 
 
I had a lot of fun making this one and hope to make more like it!
 
Have a great Monday!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: From the Kitchen Of, Create a Cupcake, Gorgeous Grunge
Paper: So Saffron, Calypso Coral, Very Vanilla, Tea for Two DSP, In-Colour 2013-2014 DSP
Ink: Early Espresso, Calypso Coral, Real Red
Tools: Small Tag punch, Corner Rounder punch, Scallop Border punch, Cupcake Builder punch, Scallop Circle punch, 1-3/8" Circle punch, 1/2" Circle punch, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack
Accessories: Crisp Cantaloupe Ruffle Stretch Trim, Calypso Coral Ruffle Ribbon, Pearl (Michael's)



No comments:

Post a Comment