Friday 31 January 2014

Inspired By... Colour Coordinated Home Decor

Happy Friday!

I don't know about you, but this week has dragged on! For me it was filled with ups and downs and I'm really looking forward to a relaxing weekend ahead!

Let's kick off the weekend with a new inspirational photo!


It was my pick this week and I chose a home décor photo with the perfect colour combo:

IB #33

I paired it with the new Tall & Skinny sketch by Mojo Monday this week:

I love that Mojo Monday has introduced this new fold for every last Monday of the month! They layers in this sketch are perfect for the multiple colours I wanted to use. Not only was I inspired by the colours in the photo, but also the paintings. I decided to add some floral stamps to my card and made one without a sentiment:
 
 
This card measures 6" x 3.5" (start with a 6" x 7" piece of cardstock and score at 3.5").
The flowers on the middle painting in the photo reminded me of an older stamp set I own - Flower Fancy. I haven't pulled this one out in a long time! I fussy cut the smaller stamped flower and leaves and popped them up to give the card some dimension. I added texture to the card by embossing the Raspberry Ripple piece of cardstock with the Square Lattice pattern. Stitched satin ribbon is wrapped around the card front to embellish it.
 
 
I then created a matching envelope using the following measurements: cut paper into an 8" x 8" square; using a diagonal scoring plate, score at 3-1/8" on opposite sides and 4-1/2" on the other two sides. Finished size is 4-1/2" x 6-1/4".
 
 
Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to play along and leave a comment below!
 
Also, make sure to stop by Karly's Creations to see how this photo inspired her!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Flower Fancy (ret.)
Paper: Raspberry Ripple, Old Olive, So Saffron, Whisper White, Brights DSP
Ink: Raspberry Ripple, Old Olive
Tools: Circles nestabilities, Scallop Circles nestabilities, Corner Rounder punch, Square Lattice embossing folder
Accessories: Raspberry Ripple stitched satin ribbon



No comments:

Post a Comment