Friday 24 January 2014

Inspired By... A Summer Garden

Happy Friday!

How 'bout a "High Five for Friday"??

Here are some highlights from this week:

1) My hubby and I enjoyed the most delicious elk roast dinner on Tuesday night. It was so nice to relax with a glass of red wine after a long day! Love random date nights during the week!

2) I had a great Zumba workout on Wednesday night. We just started a new session last week and this week I felt like I was really gettin' a hang of the new routine! We end each class with one of my favourite songs lately: "Say Something" by A Great Big World.

3) Found this beautiful quote the other day. It is a wonderful reminder to be patient, trust in God's plan, and praise Him always.

 
4) My newest niece, Amara, has been in the hospital for the past week due to distressed breathing. She has been showing signs of improvement and finally went home last night!


5) I found a brilliant idea for menu planning on Pinterest! Click on this link for printables. Simply print out a menu plan template, laminate it (or put it in a picture frame) and use dry-erase markers to create your own menu for the week! What a great idea!


Now onto the Inspirational Photo challenge!


This week was Karly's pick and she chose a picture of a summer vegetable garden:


All this greenery makes me long for spring! At first glance, I wasn't sure how I would use this photo as inspiration for my card design... however, I went through my stamp sets and found a few that would work out quite well with the garden theme!


I love how this card came together. I first chose the colour combo: Chocolate Chip, Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe, Very Vanilla. I popped up the stamped images to give the card some dimension and added butterflies embellished with small pearls. My favourite part is the ruffled ribbon underneath the sentiment. It adds the perfect embellishment to the soft, pastel card!
 
 
 
Thanks for visiting! Hop on over to Karly's Creations to see how she was inspired by this photo!
 
Come back tomorrow for a post on a Harry Potter punch art card that I made for my nephew's birthday this past week! 
 

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Simply Sketched, Wetlands, Inspired By Nature
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe, Very Vanilla
Ink: Pistachio Pudding, Chocolate Chip, Crisp Cantaloupe
Tools: Beautiful Wings embosslits die, blender pens
Accessories: Crisp Cantaloupe ruffle stretch trim, pearls (Michael's)

No comments:

Post a Comment