Friday 14 February 2014

Valentine's Day Highlights

Hi again! 

Here are a few highlights from my Valentine's Day:

The night before Valentine's, my hubby surprised me with a gorgeous bouquet of red and white flowers!


And the card he gave me also made me smile :)


Inside reads: "And trying not to drool". Hilarious. 

We went out for dinner at a local restaurant called North 54. We started off with the best Ceasar Salad ever (this is the main reason we love going to this restaurant). I had the most delicious raspberry/cranberry/lime martini, along with spaghetti carbonara, which was so filling that I now have leftovers for tomorrow's lunch (yum!). Kevin enjoyed red wine with seafood jambalaya. And we finished it off with a strawberry mousse cake - so good!

And last but not least, a handmade card for Kevin! 


 

This is called the Building Block Card. I followed this simple tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers and love the end result! 

I'm playing along with a theme challenge at The Pink Elephant:


Happy Valentine's Day

I also used the picture inspiration from Stampin Royalty's challenge this week to come up with the colour combo in my card.

Stampin Royalty Challenge #214

Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy the weekend!

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Love You Much (ret.)
Paper: Basic Gray, Primrose Petals, Pool Party, More Amore Specialty DSP, 2012-2013 In-Colour DSP
Ink: Basic Gray
Tools: Circles Nestabilities, Large Oval punch, Owl Builder punch, Heart to Heart punch, Diagonal Strips embossing folder
Accessories: White foam letter stickers (Michael's), Pearls (Michael's)

No comments:

Post a Comment