Saturday 12 April 2014

A Birthday Wish for an Artiste!

Dropping in for a quick post to share a special card made for a special person!
My older sister has a birthday today! I don't get to celebrate with her unfortunately, as she lives all the way in Scotland, but I'm thinking of her today and sending my best wishes overseas!

 
She is a beautiful person inside and out, has a thoughtful and caring heart, and is a creative and talented artist. I wanted to create a card that would best suit her and I thought an artist easel card would be perfect. Here's how it turned out:

 
This card is a little larger than a regular A2 size card. Unfortunately, I can't remember the exact measurements, but it's roughly 4.75" x 6". I used a woodgrain stamp on Crumb Cake cardstock to create a wooden look. To make the artist palette, I simply used the large oval punch and the word window punch. The paint drops on the palette were created using one of the itty bitty punches. For the paint brush, I used one of the leaves from the Little Leaves sizzlit for the brush part and used part of the word window punch to create the handle (altering it with scissors). The Gorgeous Grunge stamp set was perfect the paint splatters! 
 
 
 
I completed the card with a handmade envelope using the new Watercolour Wonder DSP.


 
Here's wishing Monique a Happy 40th and a great year ahead!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge, Memorable Moments, Pennant Parade, Woodgrain
Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant, Pacific Point, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Basic Black, Basic Gray, Smokey Slate, Brights DSP
Ink: Early Espresso, Midnight Muse, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango
Tools: Large Oval punch, Word Window punch, Petite Curly Label punch, Itty Bitty punch, 1/2" Circle punch
Accessories: Early Espresso bakers twine

No comments:

Post a Comment