Sunday 4 May 2014

A Masculine Birthday Card

We celebrated another brother's birthday this past week! My older brother, Jason turned 30 something!
I always find it somewhat challenging to create masculine birthday cards. I started off with a unique layout - sketching my own by combining different layouts that I saw on Pinterest. Then I chose the colours. Brown and blue generally come to mind. This time I threw in a brighter accent colour. I added a mixture of texture, patterns and punched out images. Here's how it all came together:




Here's wishing Jason a great year ahead!

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Happiest Birthday
Paper: Crumb Cake, Midnight Muse, Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Well Worn DSP, Sweater Weather DSP, 2012-2014 In-Colour DSP, Neutrals DSP
Ink: Early Espresso
Tools: Circles nestabilities, Chevron punch, Square Lattice embossing folder, 1-1/4" Circle punch, 1" Circle punch
Accessories: Tangerine Tango Candy Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment